Aloo Paratha is a very famous food of North India, specially Punjab and Haryana region. This delicacy is usually served with curd and butter or some pickle and tastes wow. So, ready to try!
Checkithow you can prepare delicious Aloo Paratha.
Follow this recipe to get the hunger out.
The ingredients are(3 servings):
- 4 boiled and mashed potatoes
- 2 cup wheat flour
- Salt as per requirement
- 2 tablespoon oil and some ghee for roasting of parathas
- 3 finely chopped coriander leaves
- ¼ or ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon amchur powder
- 1 green chilli
- First, boil the potatoes and peel them and then mash them.
- Now, add red chilli powder, salt, coriander leaves, amchur powder and green chilies to the mashed potatoes and mix them well.
- In a bowl, add the whole wheat flour to water and salt and oil to it. Mix the mixture well and make a soft dough.
- Now, take one medium sized ball out of the dough and flatten it using the flour.
- Remember that the size of the flattened dough must be round with a diameter of 4-5 inches and now add stuffing to it and then close the top of the dough and again flatten it.
- Now, using the whole wheat flour, make a round paratha of 7-8 inches.
- Preheat the tawa now and sprinkle some ghee on it so as to make the parathas crisp.
- Spread the paratha on tawa and when the base is partly cooked, flip it and apply some ghee and then flip again and spread some ghee on this side. Once you start to see brown spots on the paratha, it means that it is roasting well.
- So as to make them crisp, use spoon to press the edges of paratha and when it is roasted completely, serve it with white butter and pickle or curd.